Thursday 17 December 2020

Bakery Bears Advent Calendar KAL 2020

 So it has started and I have been working on it very hard so now the Stitch In Time Blanket has to wait till this is done and it will be by the 24th of December (hopefully). So this is how far I have come and I did what the designer Kay Jones is doing, and that is starting with the darkest of the two shades of colours (shade 1 = Blue, Shade 2 = Pink), and my two colours are blues and pinks. 

So Starting with the darkest pink and alternating every section with the blues from the lightest and ending with the darkest. Meaning that both lightest will meet in the middle and both darkest will be at the end. I thought that could be really nice, but after a few sections, I realized that I should have gone with my first thought and that was to start with the darkest pink to the lightest and then from the lightest blue to the darkest. Why? because my colours are not as subtle as the designer's choice so it will be hard contrasts between them all and not the soft overlapping that I was first hoping for. So I guess I have to make another one and do what I first thought of.


The nice thing with this pattern is that every section is inspired from different christmas books/stories and she reads that part from the books that inspired into the pattern for each section.

I'm looking forward to see it done and it's a cowl. I have learned some new pattern and that's always fun. section 4 (Happy Christmas Harry (Potter)) was really fun to knit and also section 6 (Flaming Pudding).

Stay Saf!


No comments:

Post a Comment