Sunday 16 February 2020

The Longbourn Shawl


When I saw this shawl for the first time I just fell in love with it on the spot and just had to knit it, it's the Longbourn by Kay F Jones.

Kay also dyed up the three sets of colours for this shawl for her Etsy shop, but they went in seconds, so she dyed up another batch that went just as fast so I had to find my yarn somewhere else.

The three colours where Blue, Pink and purple and I wanted the purple with the silvery grey border. The blue one is pictured above.



These were the colours that I brought for mine


Here they are caked up .

I really wanted a lighter purple but couldn't find any, so I also bought a darker silver/grey.
All I now need to do is to wash it and block it and I'm very pleased with it.

Yarn used: Cauldron of Colours "Betty Blue" & Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light "Moonstone"
Needled: 3.75 mm
Started: 22nd June 2018
Finished: 15 February 2020
Pattern: Longbourn
Designer: Kay F Jones




No comments:

Post a Comment