Sunday 1 April 2018

addiCraSyTrio Needles




So, I have bees seeing these for some time now on different podcasts and thought that “Why mess with things that already works?”. I am a DPN user and it works just fine for me and I have tried Magic Loop and hating it, so when I saw these I thought that this must be something in between them both. It’s still a bit Magic Loop when it’s on only two needles but you knit with the third but it’s more like DPNs because lots are using only three needles and knit with the fourth (I use four and knit with the fifth).  So after seeing some podcasters talking about them and showing how they work and and some YouTube films I decided to give them a try. So I ordered a set in 2.5mm (US 1½) and when they arrived I tested them on the spot by casting on a pair of socks. They were a bit fiddly in the beginning but that’s everything when you try it for the first time, but after a few rows of the ribbing they started to slowly work for me.



It did still feel a bit uncomfortable using them but I kept going and when it was time for the stockinette stitch it really started to feel better. I have come a bit further on it and looking forward to see how it will work with the heel with these needles  so I can’t write about that right now so it just have to wait till I get to it. But so far these needles are OK.To be continued …

No comments:

Post a Comment